TURBO CHARGE your return on investment in energy savings by avoiding a Northern roof aspect in Perth, Western Australia. With a minimal to nil feed-in tariff, higher quantities of power production will not benefit your scenario unless the units (kWhs) are storable or usable.
Avoid North and save more.
Solar power generation in any situation is a great thing - marvellous technology guaranteed to produce energy as long as the sun shines. However, what if you are not home or available to consume the electricity? Solar batteries are the perfect solution in this situation. Fact is, a majority of households and businesses in Perth and Western Australia operate solar without an energy storage solution. The most important question then arises.
QUESTION: How will a solar energy system save you the most amount of money?
ANSWER: When the solar panel orientation is designed specifically to meet your major consumption habits within sunlight hours.
If you ignore the possibility of a solar tracker, in the past it was considered a North facing solar panel orientation was the best location for solar energy systems in Perth and a majority of Western Australia. Still an exceptional orientation if the majority of your energy consumption occurs between 10am and 2pm daily. However, if your situation is working between 9am - 5am, an East and West facing solar panel orientation may save you more money while producing slightly less energy as a whole.
The aim is to ensure you consume as much solar energy production through day to day habits. Therefore here are 21 reasons to avoid a Northern solar panel orientation:
ONE to TWENTY ONE.
- Because the coffee machine gets a full workout most mornings.
- What's coffee without toast. Toasters are super energy hungry.
- Early birds catch the worm as they say, cease the day and return for rest.
- In winter the heater is a mandatory appliance at first light.
- Two words - Hair Straightener.
- The school run is horrible and the last thing anyone wants to do is return home to a mess in the middle of the day, stay out, have lunch with friends.
- You love to put the air conditioner on at 18 degrees in the middle of summer from 1 pm until sun down.
- Kids come home at 3 pm most days and don't understand energy conservation.
- If your house has a northern or southern street face the solar panels are on the side of the house.
- People are jealous of other people with lower energy bills from solar.
- More power is consumed in most common households from the afternoon and evening as opposed any other times of the day - factual information!
- Kids often watch TV early morning and late afternoon.
- Got older kids? Then include the Playstation/XBOX with that TV.
- Pools are more often utilised from 3 pm to 6 pm - Turn the heater pump on from 1 pm.
- Cooking a roast takes time and electric energy, that chook is usually in the oven anywhere from 2-6pm.
- Cooking breakfast on the weekends is even better when the energy is 100% free from the sun.
- A cup of tea for many is enjoyed most mornings.
- Rarely do celebrations occur from 10-2pm, most weekend events start from 2pm.
- If you operate a garden bore pump, you water the garden in either the morning or afternoon.
- The fridge almost has a revolving door in the afternoon - working overtime.
- In summer the sun rises from 5am and sets at 7pm. maximise your investment!
TECHNICAL BONUS REASONS.
- Your goal is to oversize the solar inverter as much as possible due to grid limitations.
- East/West solar panel orientations generate a broader power production window.
- The useable kWh is the aim of the game, forget peak power.
The above 1-21 is a light hearted observation of an average 9-5 working family. Early morning and evenings are active times in such households. East and West facing solar panels ensure an optimised solar panel orientation for these peak times, therefore maximising the ability to convert more energy from the available light.
Don't worry, East and West facing solar panels still work brilliantly throughout that 10-2 period incase you need to operate a pool pump or other cyclical appliance. It simply facilitates one particular (and very common) circumstance to save more money when it comes to the electricity bill.
BIG DEAL: Get a professionally optimised solar energy system at an unbelievable price, 5 best premium economy solar deals in Perth & Bunbury WA >
Share this Post